Intro to Weaving on an Erica Loom
Intro to Weaving on an Erica Loom
Interested in designing and weaving your own cloth? This class will cover everything you need to know to start weaving beautiful handwoven fabrics on an Erica loom.
What It's All About
This workshop will cover everything you need to know to start weaving beautiful handwoven fabrics using an Erica Table Loom. This two-shaft loom works like a rigid heddle loom but with more possibilities and efficiency. Participants will learn the basics of dressing the loom appropriately for a project. Several different weave structures will be explored while students create a sampler. Participants will then design and weave a unique scarf or table runner based on their favourite pattern. You will leave this class with a handwoven project and the skills you need to start making placemats, shawls, clothing and more!
About Erica: Erica is a 12″ (30cm) table loom from Louet that comes standard with 2 harnesses. If you’re comfortable weaving on a rigid heddle, this is the perfect ‘next step’! Rigid heddle (or newbie!) weavers will appreciate the ease of operating a 2-shaft loom, but will also delight in the increased possibilities and ease of operation over a rigid heddle loom. The Erica comes with 200 heddles and a 40-10 (10 dent) reed. Heddle length for the Erica is 150mm. The Erica accommodates up to 4 harnesses (2 are included, additional shafts available for purchase), meaning this sweet little loom has lots of room to handle more complex weaving patterns. And, Erica easily folds so that you can take this loom with you when traveling or store away compactly when not in use (although we’re not sure when you won’t be using this gem!)
- your Erica Weaving Loom! (You will need to purchase an Erica Loom in order to take this workshop).
- One or more shuttles.
Novice weavers: it's helpful if you've used a rigid heddle loom before and woven something but it's not a requirement.
- Four weekly sessions with an excellent weaving instructor. You'll learn a lot, gain great experience and be motivated to continue your weaving journey.
- An Epic yarn for your first sampler.
- A hands on experience in designing and weaving a unique project.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).