Rock 'Em (Knee High) Socks
Rock 'Em (Knee High) Socks
Get a leg up on knitting lo-ong socks! We'll get you started on our beautiful "Rock 'Em" socks and coach you through the calf shaping and cable/elongated stitch design. Take your sock knitting skills on a knee-high adventure.
What It's All About
Join us for a two part class in knitting socks that hug the curves of the calf! You’ll learn how to work cables and elongated stitches, review chart reading and increases and decreases as well as tips and tricks for managing row counts, remembering decreases and size and fit options for curvy calves. This class will focus on the calf (knee-high) section of the sock; you will finish the foot and the toe of your Rock ‘Em Socks on your own (see skill level requirements below).
Purchase the Rock 'Em Socks pattern (available in store or on Ravelry) and cast on the required number of stitches for the size you are making (see page 2 of the pattern), place a marker and join for working in the round. Work the Ribbing Round and come to class ready to begin the Cable Pattern. Wondering which size to make? Check out the “Calf Length Socks” version on page 3 and pick the size that’s closest to the “number” you usually cast on when you make socks.
- your pre-work! Please note that you will need more sock yarn (approximately 150g) for these tall socks and we recommend a merino wool blend (such as RCY Hat Trick) as this wool has a little more elasticity (nicer for curvy calves).
- your copy of the Rock 'Em Socks pattern (we recommend making a photocopy that you can write on).
- 4 locking stitch markers and a cable needle.
Skill Level - Experienced Sock Knitter: you love to knit socks to the point that you always carry a pair in progress with you wherever you go. You are comfortable with the “cuff down” approach to knitting socks and can finish your “Rock ‘Em” socks from the heel flap to the toe on your own (standard foot). You are comfortable knitting in the round on fine needles with a fine yarn.
Four hours of instruction. And a start on a pair of socks perfect for the Canadian fall.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).