Hot Shawl (Lace) Workshop
Hot Shawl (Lace) Workshop
Learn how to knit lace, read charts, use markers and lifelines to keep track of your work and rip back (if you must) without losing everything. You'll also learn how to change colours, bind off smoothly, weave in your ends and block your finished piece. All of this and a "Hot Shawl" too!
What It's All About
We know! You've been waiting to take a class to learn lace. And we've picked the most popular pattern in our store for the project. Take this three part workshop and learn how to knit lace, read charts, use markers and lifelines to keep track of your work and rip back (if you must) without losing everything. You'll also learn how to change colours, bind off smoothly, weave in your ends and block your finished piece.
Advanced Beginner - Experienced. You can follow a pattern and know the difference between stocking stitch and garter stitch. You can make increases and decreases (on purpose) and you've had to pull back a few stitches or even a whole row or two and put it back on your needle. Most importantly, you can work a minimum of 20 minutes each day on your project (between classes). This project has a lot of knitting between classes so time to work each day is very important for you to get the most out of this class.
- your copy of the Hot Shawl pattern (we recommend making a photocopy that you can write on)
- the yarn required for the size of shawl you want to knit in two or more colours; and
- a 3.75 mm circular needle, 80 cm or longer and a minimum of 4 stitch markers (you'll only need four to start but more will come in handy later).
- 6 hours of instruction on everything you need to know to enjoy knitting lace
- pro tips and helpful ideas to improve your knitting skills
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: email@example.com.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).