You know a little crochet but you struggle to follow a pattern and you lose track of where you are. Here's a little project that will help you to develop your skills and result in a sweet and useful item as well.
What It's All About
Okay, so you know a little crochet… how to chain, how to make a single crochet and double crochet, perhaps? But you struggle to follow a pattern and you want to crochet something that requires you to think a little but is still regular enough that you don’t have to carry a pattern with you everywhere you go. Learn a little about reading patterns, increasing and shaping while making these simple single-crochet baskets. They are useful in the kitchen, the bathroom, by the bedside, and at the cabin (after all, they're unbreakable!) They make great gifts, too. In this class, you'll learn how to start at the base, increase and stagger increases and work a "turning row" while following the pattern to make the base and body of the basket.
Just a touch beyond beginner: you are comfortable getting started on a project using the chain stitch as well as single-, half double- and double-crochet stitches. We recommend taking the Crochet Crash Course or Crochet 101 if you are new to crochet.
Baskets need a firm tension and a stiff yarn. We recommend using a worsted weight yarn (or bigger) and a crochet hook 2 sizes smaller (e.g 3.5mm) than recommended (or size needed to give you a firm gauge). A paid copy of the Churchmouse Crocheted Baskets electronic pattern included in registration fee.
- 2 hours of instruction to get you started on a great crochet project.
- Learning to work in the round in crochet: a valuable lesson for other projects such as hats, mittens, stuffies and amigurumi!
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please contact Cynthia (see above).