Knit and felt a pair of cozy slippers for yourself or as a great gift. In part 1, we will cast on and begin knitting in the round, discussing how to pick up stitches, change colours, add other fibers and creating shapes (turn a slipper heel, make a toe). We will also cover the felting process and how to complete your felting at home. In Part 2, participants return to finish their project or show their finished work, talk about the felting experience and discuss finishing techniques.
Approximately 200m of 100% bulky or super-bulky weight wool (we recommend Fritidsgarn, Eskimo, Alaska), a set of 8mm double pointed needles and River City Yarn's Fuzzy Foot Socks pattern.
Students should know how to knit in the round on double pointed needles. We recommend taking the Baby Hat (Knit in the Round) workshop prior to this workshop if you haven't used dpns before.
- 2 x 2-hour sessions
- Materials extra
Dates and Times
During the month of December, we'll be doing these slippers in season-inspired colours!
- 2 Mondays: December 3 and 10 from 3:00 - 5:00 pm (West)
- 2 Thursdays: December 6 and 13 from 5:30 - 7:30 pm (South)
Other stuff you should know:
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please contact us at River City Yarns and ask for Cynthia.
- We accept VISA, Mastercard, debit, or cash.
- Confirmation of online registration will not be finalized until payment has been made.
- Space may be limited depending on seating. If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund will be given should this situation arise.
- If you are unable to attend a class you may ask a friend to take your place or with 7 days notice your registration fees may be transferred to another class. There is no refund on registration.
- We provide coffee and tea and you are welcome to bring your own food or snacks.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.