Weaving on a Handheld Loom
Weaving on a Handheld Loom
Take your love of yarn to the next level by learning to make art on a hand held loom! In this 2 day workshop, you will learn how to set up an artisan loom and create a textural wall hanging.
What It's All About
Take your love of yarn to the next level by learning to make art on a hand held loom! In this 2 day workshop, you will learn how to set up an artisan loom and create a textural wall hanging. Techniques covered include crochet-weaving, shape building, macramé techniques, looped rya knotting, and a variety of fringe options. You will also get the chance to experiment with roving and unconventional materials. The workshop will end with a discussion about finishing and hanging or otherwise displaying your finished piece.
About Kim McCollum
Our weaving instructor is Kim McCollum. She is a Studio Arts graduate from Wake Forest University (WFU) in North Carolina. Kim has been experimenting with weaving and textile arts for the last 4 years and loves sharing the techniques and tools she uses with other creatives! Kim uses a combination of traditional and modern techniques to create unique woven pieces. When she is not weaving she is painting, making pottery, building furniture, or taking photographs! See Kim’s work on her website: Slow Life Studio or follow along on instagram @slowlifestudio.
If you have some stash yarn that you'd like to weave into your project, by all means bring it! (You may even be inspired to share it... stashbuster!) Your registration fee includes a yarn kit that we've made up especially for you, so you don't have to bring anything with you. Kim will lend you an artisan loom for the duration of the workshop. Looms will be available for purchase or pre-order at class.
This class is designed for absolute beginners. Come one, come all!
- 8 hours of instruction over two classes
- All the materials required for your first project
- Looms will be provided for the duration of the class but must be returned at the end of the second session. Looms and weaving needles will also be available for purchase from your instructor if you would like to continue on your weaving journey.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).