Knit a Hat Top Down
Knit a Hat Top Down
Come out and learn how to knit a hat, top-down, with your choice of dpns, 2 circs or 1 long circular. It’s a great way to knit hats (read on to discover why!)
What It's All About
There are a lot of ways to knit hats but we think top-down is the best! Learn how to construct a top down hat and free yourself from written instructions and "getting gauge". We'll work the crown of this seamless hat, working in the round on your choice of: double pointed needles, magic loop or two circulars. Starting with only four stitches, you'll learn how to manage your stitches and use stitch markers to create a beautiful hat for any size head. We'll also look at different stitch patterns for alternate brims and if time permits, we'll talk about adding on other features such as pom-poms and tassels. This workshop is great for novice as well as experienced knitters. Bonus! You bring knitting needles and River City Yarns will supply the rest: yarn, instruction, stitch markers and an awesome pattern.
- 4.5mm knitting needles for knitting in the round: double pointed needles (set of 5) OR 1 long circular (40 in) OR two circulars (16 and 24 in).
- measuring tape and a pen/pencil
Advanced Beginner: you can cast on, knit, purl and bind off independently. You know how to work stocking stitch and rib stitch and you've followed a pattern to complete a project (or two). You are ready to start adding to your technical skill set and you learn best "by doing".
- 3 hours of cheerful and friendly instruction;
- the knowledge and experience you need to knit hats in the round, without a pattern;
- a ball of RCY's exclusive Epic yarn, stitch markers and a great hat recipe.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: email@example.com.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).