Highway 43 Handwarmers
Highway 43 Handwarmers
It's a "cutting-edge" class for the brave folks of Grande Prairie and surrounding area. Sharpen your scissors and get ready to steek your knitting. We'll be turning a "cowl" into a pair of handwarmers, how cool is that?
Location: Grande Prairie, Alberta
River City Yarns will be hosting two workshops in Grande Prairie on Sunday, August 27. Sign up, and join us in the Alumni Lounge at Grande Prairie Regional College.
What It's All About
Steeking. It's all about cutting your knitting. With scissors! It's a cool way to turn a pullover into a cardigan or a knitted cone into a shawl. There are many reasons why you should steek (too many to list here) so we encourage you to take this class and get a first-hand experience. Cynthia will explain all the benefits of cutting your knitting, show you how to stabilize your steeks and lead you through cutting and finishing your project. We'll be making a nordic style handwarmer, complete with thumb and buttonband. You don't have to be an advanced knitter to take this class; it's perfect for those who are comfortable knitting in the round, making socks or mittens.
A complete set of instructions for the pre-work will be emailed to you.
- Your pre-work,
- knitting needles used for your prework plus a set one size smaller,
- one crochet hook: size 3.0, 3.5 or 4.0mm,
- measuring tape and a pen/pencil
Intermediate: you can cast on, knit, purl and bind off independently and you are comfortable working in the round. You can follow a pattern/written instructions. You are ready to add some adventure to your technical skills and you learn best "by doing".
- 3 hours of patient encouragement and friendly instruction;
- the experience you need to fearlessly take scissors to your knitting;
- instructions for making a cool pair of steeked handwarmers.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).