Sock Boot Camp
Sock Boot Camp
Come in for a two part workshop and learn how to make socks... so cozy and warm! Treat yourself and become a sock-knitting addict.
What It's All About
Come in for a two part workshop and learn how to make socks... so cozy and warm! Treat yourself and become a sock-knitting addict. We'll work with worsted weight yarn and double pointed needles (dpns). During this four-hour workshop, you'll knit a short cuff, turn a heel, pick up stitches and work the gusset. We'll end up with a toe grafting lesson, either on your sock or on a sample piece, using the Kitchener Stitch.
Measure your ankle. Cast on the number of stitches required for your ankle measurement on your dpns, join in the round and work approximately 4 inches of K2, P2 (knit 2, purl 2) ribbing. Ankle 6.5" = 32 sts; Ankle 7.5" = 36 sts; Ankle 8" = 40 sts; Ankle 9" = 44 sts; Ankle 9.5" = 48 sts.
Approximately 200m of a worsted weight yarn (20-22 sts over 10 cm on 4mm needles) and a set of 4mm double pointed needles. Pattern supplied in workshop (included in registration fee).
You need to be able to knit in the round on double pointed needles or circulars. We recommend taking the Seamless Hat (Knit in the Round) workshop prior to this workshop if you haven't used dpns/magic loop before.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).