Peaks & Ridges Cowl
Peaks & Ridges Cowl
Are you a novice knitter? Want to make something beautiful and get better at reading patterns? This is the workshop for you!
What It's All About
You know how to knit and how to purl but reading a pattern may give you a headache. You’ve also been dying to work with a really nice yarn but you’re a little afraid of “wrecking” it. Take this class and cast on to make a beautiful cowl. We’ll guide you through the “hard parts” and show you tips and techniques that will help you be a better knitter and less fearful about tackling your next pattern.
What you’ll learn: we’ll start with a stretchy cast on (the Old Norwegian or German Twisted method) and get you knitting in the round, on one circular. We’ll also show you how to check for twists and how to fix them. In the second session, we’ll tackle pattern reading: working together through the pattern and showing you tips and tricks for keeping track of rounds and pattern repeats. We’ll demonstrate the recommended bind off technique and talk to you about finishing and blocking. A copy of the Peaks & Ridges Cowl pattern is included in your registration fee.
Advanced beginner: you know how to knit and purl, cast on and bind off. You can pick up dropped stitches, weave in your ends and you’re okay to work with a fine yarn on smaller needles.
- one 16” circular needle in size 3.5mm (US 4)
- one 100g skein of fingering weight yarn wound into a ball. We recommend RCY Adam & Eve for many reasons, but most importantly because of it’s merino wool content. Working with a nice (stretchy) wool will give you a nicer finish and is easier to work with.
- Please bring 10 locking stitch markers, a wool needle and scissors.
Four hours of instruction. Two hours each week over two weeks.
Patient instruction, tips and techniques that you won't get anywhere else!
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).