Holiday Mini Mittens
Holiday Mini Mittens
Perfect as individuals, to add to a gift or use as a zipper pull. But make lots of them and you have a garland! We love to decorate trees, bannisters, wreaths, windows and hearths with our adorable mini mittens.
What It's All About
Okay, there’s one more item that every knitter should have hanging as an ornament on the Christmas tree… miniature mittens! You can make these tiny mittens as tree trimming, as a gift, use them as a zipper pull or to bob around on the end of your hat strings. Knit several and you'll have a garland! In this class, we'll guide you through knitting these small mitts, from the ribbing at the cuff to the left- and right-slanting decreases at the top. We'll show you how to make and afterthought thumb and i-cord for hangers and garland string. A Mini Mitten Garland kit is included in your registration fee, so you only need to come with needles. How sweet is that?
Students should know how to knit in the round on double pointed needles (dpns), two circulars or magic loop. We recommend taking our KITR: Seamless Hat class for DPNs or Magic Loop first if you haven't knit small things in the round before.
- one set of 2.5 or 2.75mm knitting needles for working small circumferences: your choice of double pointed needles (set of four), two circulars or one long circular for magic loop.
- a stitch marker and tapestry needle
- River City Yarn's Mini Mitten Garland kit (30g of fingering weight yarn in our exclusive Hat Trick line and pattern);
- Two hours of instruction (and the start of a fun, new tradition)!
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).