Knit & Purl Crash Course
Knit & Purl Crash Course
Want to learn the basics of knitting but short on time? Take this short workshop and master the basics: casting on, the knit and purl stitches and binding off.
What It's All About
Want to learn the basics of knitting but short on time? Take this short workshop and master the basics: casting on, the knit and purl stitches and binding off. We'll explain and demonstrate the two most common styles of "throwing" and "picking". No experience is required; this is a great class for absolute beginners. We've included a "get started" kit in your registration fee, so you don't have to shop for materials – you'll get a nice set of lightweight, bamboo knitting needles, a good yarn and the best resource booklet for new knitters. Have fun and get the skills you need to start knitting on your first project right away.
Nothing! We've put together a great little "knit kit" just for you and we'll give it to you at the first class.
- 4 hours of instruction over two weeks in a small group setting
- The best resource for new knitters: The Churchmouse Classroom Learn to Knit Companion
- A project bag with all the items you need for a great start: a good yarn, knitting needles, notions
- A $15 gift certificate to use in picking out your first project
- A special discount card for new knitters
Other important info that you should know about...
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).