Whether you're an absolute beginner or a seasoned, self-taught knitter, you should take this class. Master the basic techniques and understand how stitches work.
What It's About
We'll teach you how to knit (and purl) and we'll explain and demonstrate the why and when as well. You'll come out of this class with the basic techniques mastered and an understanding of how to fix mistakes, read patterns and most importantly – finish your work. We'll teach you the basics of casting on, the knit and purl stitches and binding off and explain and demonstrate the two most common styles of "throwing" and "picking". We'll also show you how knit and purl stitches work and how to deal with them when they jump off the needles! You'll practice combining knits and purls to create different stitch patterns. You will gain experience in making swatches, finding gauge, reading patterns and learn how to finish and care for your hand knitted projects. At the same time, you will practice your new skills by completing a project.
Nothing! We'll supply a "get started" kit for you with everything you need to learn to knit successfully.
- 8 hours of instruction over four weeks in a small group setting
- The best resource for new knitters: The Churchmouse Classroom Learn to Knit Companion
- A project bag with all the items you need for a great start: a good yarn, knitting needles, notions
- A $20 gift certificate to use in picking out your project
- A special discount card for new knitters
Other important info that you should know about...
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).