Kids Knit 101
Kids Knit 101
This class is designed specifically for young knitters: aged 8 - 12 years. Learn to cast on, knit and cast off on circular needles. Bonus! You'll make a sweet fall cowl, too.
What It's All About
At River City Yarns, we know how cool it is to knit. We also know that it's more fun to take a class on knitting than it is to learn from a family member. You may have an awesome knitter in your family but teaching takes a different kind of patience and skill. We'll provide all the materials so your young knitter gets off to a great start. And, we'll start with a project! In this set of classes, the first project is cowl, knit in the round on a circular needle. Knitting is a portable, creative and calming. It's great for developing better math skills, too (shhh... that's an insider, parents-only-need-to-know secret!)
This workshop is designed for absolute beginners but those who have tried knitting before are welcome, too.
Nothing! We've put together a great little "knit kit" just for you and we'll give it to you at the first class.
- 4 hours of instruction over two weeks in a small group setting
- A special pattern for knitting a cowl (and hand warmers too!)
- A project bag with all the items you need for your first project: a good yarn, a circular needle and a wool needle
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).