Holli Yeoh: Trade Blanket Mittens
Holli Yeoh: Trade Blanket Mittens
Take this workshop with designer Holli Yeoh and become a better knitter in only three hours.
What It's All About
Stranded chevrons! One of the most compelling features of the Trade Blanket Mittens is the design stitch pattern Holli has used. But that's not the only reason why you should sign up. Take this workshop with designer Holli Yeoh and become a better knitter in only three hours while working on your own small-sized mitten in class. You'll learn how to: read charts, execute raised increases, slip stitches and change colours. You will also work in a "forethought" thumb (what Holli likes to call a planned afterthought thumb) using waste yarn. Under Holli's guidance (and with her fail-safe method) you'll pick up stitches and remove the waste yarn. And, in what's been described as the "best part", Holli will show you how to avoid holes/gaps in your mitten thumb.
Your workshop registration includes yarn and pattern. All you need to bring is needles (and your completed pre-work).
About Holli Yeoh
Holli Yeoh is a Vancouver knitwear designer who has been self-publishing knitting patterns and teaching knitting techniques for well over a decade. Holli’s work appears regularly in magazines such as Vogue Knitting, Noro Knitting and Twist Collective as well as several popular books including the 60 Quick Knits series and most recently, Garter Stitch Revival, a book published by Interweave Press. Holli is also the fantastic designer behind these nine exclusive River City Yarns patterns: Feather Cardigan Wrap, the Hot Shawl, Lumberjack Mittens, Pyramid Lake Pillow, Stargazer Shawl, The Laurentian, The Lodge, The Sweater and Trade Blanket Mittens. These patterns are all available in store and on Ravelry.
Advanced beginner: you have knit in the round (hats, socks, mittens) and are comfortable completing the prework on your own.
- your pre-work mitten cuff
- your RCY Trade Blanket Mitten yarn kit (included in your registration fee)
- 4.5 mm (US 7) needles (double pointed, one long circular for Magic Loop or two circulars for knitting a small circumference in the round)
- optional: one set of needles (see above for type) one size smaller
- basic knitter’s toolkit
- 3 hours of instruction with a fantastic designer and skilled instructor;
- A great yarn in two colours;
- A professionally printed pattern in full colour; and
- learning how to make holes (planned and on purpose).
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less the retail cost of your yarn kit and a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).