Holli Yeoh: Plaid!
Holli Yeoh: Plaid!
Inspired by the plaid fabric from our weaving cousins, we'll explore a few different ways to inject a little tartan and checked patterning into our hand knits.
What It's All About
Inspired by the plaid fabric from our weaving cousins, Holli will take you on an knitting exploration of a few different ways to inject a little tartan and checked patterning into our hand knits. The highlight is learning all the techniques required to make the buffalo plaid in the Lumberjack Mitts pattern including intarsia, slipped stitches and swing knitting. Other stitch patterns you'll have a chance to try out will have you using a crochet hook and stranding to achieve a plaid fabric.
Your workshop registration includes yarn and pattern. All you need to bring is needles (and your completed pre-work).
About Holli Yeoh
Holli Yeoh is a Vancouver knitwear designer who has been self-publishing knitting patterns and teaching knitting techniques for well over a decade. Holli’s work appears regularly in magazines such as Vogue Knitting, Noro Knitting and Twist Collective as well as several popular books including the 60 Quick Knits series and most recently, Garter Stitch Revival, a book published by Interweave Press. Holli is also the fantastic designer behind these nine exclusive River City Yarns patterns: Feather Cardigan Wrap, the Hot Shawl, Lumberjack Mittens, Pyramid Lake Pillow, Stargazer Shawl, The Laurentian, The Lodge, The Sweater and Trade Blanket Mittens. These patterns are all available in store and on Ravelry.
- your pre-work! Instructions included in your yarn kit and here.
- your RCY Plaid yarn kit (included in your registration fee)
- 4.5 mm (US 7) circular needle, 24” / 60 cm long
- Size G / 4 mm crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- basic knitter’s toolkit
Intermediate: you have mastered the fundamentals of knitting and can follow a written pattern (e.g. the attached pre-work assignment). You're ready for some colourwork and you don't mind cutting your yarn and weaving in some ends.
- 3 hours of instruction with a fantastic designer and skilled instructor.
- An Epic yarn kit!
- A copy of River City Yarn's Lumberjack Mitten pattern by Holli Yeoh.
- The knowledge and experience you need to bring a little plaid into your knitting life!
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
This workshop may be held on our mezzanine level which is roomy but only accessible by stairs. If you have mobility issues and can't manage the stairs, please contact Cynthia: email@example.com.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less the retail cost of your yarn kit and a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).