Have you tried on these heavenly mittens? You can knit them, with a little help from the angel on your shoulder (our instructor). Learn about lace, learn about thumb gussets, learn the secrets of a perfect liner... it's easy once you know how!
What It's All About
Heavenly Mittens! What makes them so wonderful? Is it the lace panel on the hand or the soft cozy liner? Maybe it's all of that and the yarn choice (Eden) that makes them so amazing. If you've admired the design (by our angelic Ann Budd) but wanted a little guidance in making your first pair, we've got a "made in heaven" workshop for you. In class, you'll learn all the techniques on a "sampler mitt" (yarn kit provided) and after class, you can cast on a "real" pair of Heavenly Mittens with confidence, working through the same steps (just without the mistakes and anxiety). We'll guide you through reading a chart, working a simple lace pattern, making a thumb gusset, right- and left-slanted decreases and picking up stitches (seamlessly) for the liner. Our instructor will also support and teach alternatives for knitting in the round (dpns, two sets of circulars and/or magic loop) if you would like to experiment on your sample.
Your workshop registration includes yarn and pattern. All you need to bring is needles (and your completed pre-work).
Advanced beginner: you have knit in the round (hats, socks, mittens) and are comfortable completing the prework on your own.
- your pre-work (mitten cuff)
- your Heavenly Mitten Sample yarn kit (included in your registration fee)
- 3.75 and 2.75 mm needles (double pointed, one long circular for Magic Loop or two circulars for knitting a small circumference in the round)
- basic knitter’s toolkit
Using "Ball 1" from your yarn kit and 3.75 mm needles, cast on 38 sts. Join for working in the round, being careful not to twist and work 5 rounds in stocking stitch. Leave your work on the needles and bring to class.
- 4 hours of instruction with a skilled and patient (angelic) instructor;
- A great little yarn kit that you can turn into a festive ornament!
- A professionally printed pattern in full colour; and
- learning how to make holes (planned and on purpose).
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less the retail cost of your yarn kit and a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).