So cozy and warm! These felted slippers will keep your feet cozy all year long. Perfect to wear out on the deck on a summer evening or propped up an ottoman in the middle of winter. Easy and quick to knit. A perfect gift!
What It's All About
Knit and felt a pair of cozy slippers for yourself or as a great gift. In part 1, we will cast on and begin knitting in the round, discussing how to pick up stitches, change colours, add other fibers and creating shapes (turn a slipper heel, make a toe). We will also cover the felting process and how to complete your felting at home. In Part 2, participants return to finish their project or show their finished work, talk about the felting experience and discuss finishing techniques.
Approximately 200m of 100% bulky or super-bulky weight wool (we love Sandnesgarn Fritidsgarn, Drops Nepal or a double strand of RCY Epic), a set of 8mm double pointed needles. River City Yarn’s "Fuzzy Foot Socks" pattern is included in the registration fee and provided in class.
You need to be able to knit in the round on double pointed needles or circulars. We recommend taking the Seamless Hat (Knit in the Round) workshop prior to this workshop if you haven't used dpns before.
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).