Whether you're an absolute beginner or a seasoned, self-taught crochet-afficionado, you should take this class.
What It's All About
We'll teach you everything you need to know to become a great crocheter, from the basics (chain, single, double, half-double, treble crochet) to the fine points of keeping everything straight and the why and how of "getting gauge". Once you've mastered the basics, we'll move on to increases and decreases, changing colours and working in the round. We'll get you working on a project of your own choosing and help you interpret your pattern. Along the way, you'll get tips for choosing a good pattern, finishing advice (how to deal with those yarn tails!) and seaming your pieces together. We've included a "get started" kit in your registration fee, so you don't have to shop for materials – you'll get a good yarn, a good hook, notions and a project bag to keep it all in, as well as the best resource booklet for new crocheters.
Nothing! We'll supply a "get started" kit with everything you need to learn to crochet successfully.
- 8 hours of instruction over four weeks in a small group setting
- The best resource for new knitters: The Churchmouse Classroom Learn to Crochet Companion
- A project bag with all the items you need for a great start: a good yarn, a good hook, notions
- A $20 gift certificate to use in picking out your project
Please read the following, it's really important!
- You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
- Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).