Cosy Baby Projects
Cosy Baby Projects
Pick up a copy of Sarah Hatton’s "10 Simple Projects for Cosy Babies” booklet and pick out your favourite projects. Then join our Cosy Baby Project Class to get off to a great start.
What It's All About
Pick up a copy of Sarah Hatton’s "10 Simple Projects for Cosy Babies” booklet and pick out your favourite projects. Then join our Cosy Baby Projects Class to get off to a great start. We’ll help you through the technical aspects of any project in the book , starting with picking the right yarn and "getting gauge" to finishing up with seaming, weaving in the ends and advice on blocking. Baby bonus! This project-based, tutorial-style workshop comes with a $50 gift card (available at the first class) that you can use to shop for the perfect yarn. We’ll have an experienced instructor on hand to help you through the technical parts and you’ll get an opportunity to meet others and be inspired by seeing projects from this great baby book come to life in colour. Build your knitting skills with pattern reading, gauge, seaming, increasing and decreasing as well as more intermediate skills such as buttonholes and neckline shaping.
This workshop is ideal everyone, from novice to experienced knitters. At minimum, you need to know how to cast on, knit and purl and bind off.
- your copy of Sarah's book, "10 Simple Projects for Cosy Babies" (available at RCY) with your top three projects picked out;
- A pencil and notepad; and
- the knitting needles required for your first three projects (you'll be doing gauge swatches first).
- A four week tutorial to help you get started on a complete layette for baby
- A $50.00 gift certificate
- help from our instructor to get you through any technical aspects of the project
- tips and helpful ideas to improve your knitting skills
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact email@example.com.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).