Make a beautiful Christmas stocking - knit in the round (no seams) in stranded colour work. Knit one and we're pretty sure you'll want to make a whole family of stockings.
What It's All About
Make a beautiful Christmas stocking – knit in the round (no seams!) Knit one and we’re pretty sure you’ll want to make a whole family of stockings. You’ll learn how to knit “stranded colourwork” (using two colours per row); how to read charts, how to make an “afterthought heel” and how to shape a toe and graft it closed with either Kitchener Stitch or a three-needle bind off. We’ll be using a great pattern from Cascade Yarns that incorporates Scandinavian-inspired two colour knitting motifs and we’ll teach you how to incorporate your own designs/charts as well as create a braided hanger so your stockings can be "hung by the chimney with care".
To take this class (and be successful) you must be able to knit, purl, cast on and bind off independently. You must also be able to knit in the round on double pointed needles (dons) or "magic loop" style. We recommend taking the KITR: Seamless Hat workshop prior to this workshop if you haven't used dpns before.
- 100% wool yarn in a worsted weight in a minimum of three colours (no maximum number of colours!) We recommend Cascade 220, RCY Epic, Estelle Worsted and/or Berroco Ultra Wool.
- 5.0mm needles, one 16" circular and a set of double points. Or, if you have an interchangeable knitting needles set, bring it along instead.
- Please download and print (or bring on your tablet) the free pattern for Cascade 220 Christmas Stockings by Marji LaFreniere.
- Six hours of instruction.
- A wonderful tradition in the making (hanging the handmade stockings)
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).