Cabling in Camrose, Alberta
Cabling in Camrose, Alberta
River City Yarns is coming to Camrose, Alberta on Saturday, July 29. We're going to have a pop up shop and teach a cabling class and you should join us!
Location: Camrose, Alberta
River City Yarns will be coming to the Augustana Campus of the U of A, in Camrose, Alberta on Saturday, July 29. We'll have a pop-up shop on the south end of the Athletics field and will be using classroom F 1-315 for a workshop in the afternoon. Get a yarn fix and learn new (or improved) knitting skills!
What It's All About
In this three-hour workshop, we'll teach you how to twist create twists and turns in your knitting. We'll start with twisted stitches and move into left- and right- cables. We'll explain how to create a background for your cable designs and how these twists in your knitted fabric change the tension/gauge of your knitting. And, most importantly (perhaps) you'll learn how to fix a cable "gone awry" without ripping back your entire piece. You'll get experience reading cable charts and experiment with making your own cable path. You'll also receive an RCY exclusive pattern, Top Shelf Toppers, so you can practice what you learn right away. This workshop is a must for the newer knitter who loves the look of texture or knitters who need a refresher with a twist. Bonus! You bring knitting needles and River City Yarns will supply the rest: yarn, cable needle, graph paper and pattern.
- 4.5mm and 5.0mm knitting needles (straight or circular). Optional: 4.5 mm needles for working in the round (in case you'd like to cast on boot toppers).
- Knitter's tool kit (scissors, measuring tape)
- Notebook/paper and pencil
Advanced Beginner: you can follow a pattern and written directions and you've completed a number of projects on your own. Now you are ready to start adding to your technical skill set and you learn best "by doing". If you would like to start the Boot Toppers (this is optional and not required), you will need to know how to knit in the round on double pointed needles, magic loop or two circulars.
- 3 hours of instruction and handouts;
- the knowledge and experience you need to knit cables;
- a beautiful ball of RCY's exclusive Epic yarn and a cable needle; and
- a professionally printed, full colour edition of the Top Shelf Toppers pattern. (If you already have a print copy, let us know and we'll purchase the electronic version for you instead).
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).