"Buttons" Top Down Baby Sweater
"Buttons" Top Down Baby Sweater
Knit up your first sweater without seaming! Wa-hoo! We'll show you how to make "Buttons" - a beginner sweater project sized from 3 months to 2 years.
What It's About
Knit up your first sweater without seaming! Wa-hoo! We'll show you how to make "Buttons" - a beginner sweater project sized from 3 months to 2 years. This clever design is knit from the top (collar) down (a very cool way to knit a sweater). In part 1, you'll get cast on and begin knitting back and forth (flat) on a circular needle and you'll learn how to use stitch markers, make increases and how to change colours; in part 2, you'll put stitches "on hold" and learn how to cast on in the middle of your work. In the third class, you'll learn how to put hold stitches back on (this time) double pointed needles (dpns) to knit the sleeves. Choose from a variety of yarns – self-striping, variegated and/or solid. A copy of the "Buttons" pattern by Cabin Fever is included in your registration fee.
We're going to get the collar cast on before the first class. Use your 3.75mm circular needle to work the collar according to the size you want to knit.
- 3 - 6 months (18" chest): cast on 54 stitches and work 2 inches in garter stitch.
- 6 - 12 months (20" chest): cast on 62 stitches and work 2.5 inches in garter stitch.
- 2 years (22" chest): cast on 70 stitches and work 3 inches in garter stitch.
Garter Stitch: knit all stitches, on both sides of your work.
We will provide a copy of the pattern for you in class. You'll need a DK weight yarn: approx 460m for sizes 3 mos – 12 mos or 690m for the 2 year size. 6 locking stitch markers and two sets of 3.75mm needles: one circular, 24" long and one set of double pointed needles.
This is a perfect class for those who have completed our KITR Like a Pro workshop. If you have not knit in the round on double pointed needles, please take the KITR: Seamless Hat class first. For all others, you need to be proficient with cast on, knit, purl and be comfortable working in the round on both a circular needle and double pointed needles.
- 4.5 hours of instruction (3 weekly sessions)
- "Buttons" pattern by Cabin Fever
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).