The Barley Hat is a great first project for new knitters who want to learn to knit in the round. Use both circular and double pointed needles and improve your skills at following a pattern too.
What It's All About
The Barley Hat is great first project for new knitters who want to learn to knit in the round. You’ll use both circular and double pointed needles in this project and you’ll get much better at following a pattern as well. The Barley Hat is a well-written pattern with online tutorials, part of the Tin Can Knits Learn to Knit Collection. Take this class and we’ll go through all the steps with you and prepare you for your next hat project (Tin Can Knits has many wonderful patterns to pick from). Choose from six sizes: Baby (Toddler, Child, Adult S, M, L) to make the perfect hat for you or someone “knit worthy”!
Knitting hats is much easier when you have the right needles. Please make sure to buy very short (16”) circulars for this class (and yes, you need two sizes!) For this reason (big needle investment), we’ve kept the registration fee very low. Treat yourself to the right tools and make many, many hats!
You need to know how to cast on and knit and purl. That's it! This is a great class for new knitters and anyone at all who wants to knit in the round.
- a copy of the free pattern from Tin Can Knits,
- 100g of worsted/aran weight yarn (we recommend Malabrigo Rios, Rowan Pure Wool Worsted, Berroco Vintage) and
- 4.0 and 5.0mm circular needles (16 in) as well as 5.0mm double pointed needles.
- Four hours of instruction over two classes (It's a quickie!)
- A whole lotta hat fun!
Other important info that you should know about...
You have to pay the registration fee in advance to hold your seat. You can pay online or call the store at 780-477-9276 to make a payment over the phone.
Cancellations? We know you have every intention of coming, but life happens, so we need a cancellation policy, and this is it:
- If you cancel 7 days (or more) prior to your workshop date, we will refund your registration fee less a $25 administration & service fee.
- No refunds will be made if you have to cancel less than 7 days before your class is scheduled to begin. If you are unable to attend, you may ask a friend to take your place.
- If minimum enrolment is not met we reserve the right to cancel the class. A full refund of your registration fee will be given should this situation arise.
- We strive to keep the cost of workshops low, so we ask that your supplies be purchased from River City Yarns.
- Questions, comments, concerns, suggestions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Private group or individual sessions are also available. For information please Cynthia (see above).